So while I was away in New York and the East Coast I managed to do the following:
1) Watch three films on the plane out to JFK:
Slumdog Millionaire – as good as everyone says
Rachel Getting Married – great performance from Anna Hathaway, but otherwise a bit meh!
Burn After Reading – a good laugh, better than I was expecting after some bad reviews
2) Get another sketch into the Treason Show. Well the email confirming that it was performed, I wrote it a week before leaving. That’s two out of two for 2009. Don’t tell them but both were written as samples for other writing teams. At least they got used.
3) I got an email from the BBC telling me that my sample sketches ‘stood out’ and wanting me to submit more for a topical news radio show in April.
4) Ran up the ‘Rocky‘ steps and did the celebration at the top, in Philadelphia. Which, by the way, isn’t called Philadelphia – its Philly. You only make that mistake once.
5) Watched classic Ice Hockey movie Slap Shot with an Ice Hockey fan. Which, by the way, isn’t called Ice Hockey – its called hockey, as according to American’s “where else would you play hockey?” I didn’t explain.
6) I watched just one movie on the flight from JFK to Heathrow due to the shit not on-demand system the 777 has. I watched Doubt. Didn’t do it for me. I wanted to watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona that was after it but Doubt put me to sleep. Bastards.
7) I didn’t meet the legend Phillip ‘the legend’ Barron in New York even though I just found out he was over there at the same time. Woody Allen was there too. What’s wrong with these people? So unsociable. I’m glad I didn’t watch Vicky Cristina now.